Thursday, December 30, 2010

Beneath Pepe's dreams

Blog # 8
Informal Theme # 8
December 10, 2010

   Arriving at University of the Philippines - Diliman (UPD), I was a little excited for the play to be watched entitled "Isang Panaginip na Fili". It was made by Dulaang UP, the official theatrical organization of UPD. Having cozy seats inside the auditorium, there were no distractions as we watch the whole play. Some of my classmates including me were far from the others because seats were numbered and our designated seats were way too far from the others. Anyway, the accommodation was good.

   Isang Panaginip na Fili was superb! I thought that the play Ibong Adarna was fantastic but after seeing this play, I was more amazed. It impressed me a lot. Let's review in slight detail the play. Let's start with the actors and actresses and how did they portray their characters. For me, the relived the play very well. I really liked Doña Victorina because of her witty and colorful personality. But in terms of depth and professionalism, I prefer Tunying. Shifting from one role into another, I can say it was two thumbs up. Bringing up the emotion Simon felt in the novel and the lighthearted personality of Tunying was difficult, I believe.

   Furthermore, being a musical play, it was vibrant and bizarre. The voices of each character who sang was warm and very good. There were no dull moments for each song they sang was well done and totally incredible.

  The ticket price was so much worth it till its last centavo. Dulaang UP made a musical play that never fails the audience to applause. It ended with a standing ovation and left a smile to everyone. It maybe not seen from their lips, but in their minds, it was worth their every single bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment